How You Can Easily Wire a Double Socket with USB
Do you need an extra socket in your home or office? You don’t need to hire an electrician to install it. Wiring a double socket with USB is actually an easy task that you can do yourself in minutes. With just the right tools and a little bit of knowledge about wiring, you can save yourself a lot of money. In this article, we will discuss some of the basic steps to wiring a double socket with USB, as well as some tips to ensure your safety during the process.
For any electrical work, safety must be your number one priority. Before you start, make sure you turn off all power from the circuit breaker. Then, check that the switch is definitely off using a non-contact voltage tester. Once the power is off, you can start working on the double socket with USB.
Tools Needed to Wire a Double Socket
Before you begin, you will need to make sure you have the right tools for the job. You will need a double gang box with 2 mounting screws, 2 toggle switches or outlet receptacles, 2 pigtails, 2 locknuts, wire strippers, crimp pliers, a drill, and of course wire. For wiring a double socket with USB, you will also need a USB adapter.
Steps to Wiring a Double Socket with USB
Now that you have gathered all the necessary tools, you are ready to begin wiring. Here are the steps:
- First, drill a hole for the cable and run the cable through it. Make sure to secure the cable with a clamp.
- Strip the ends of the wire using a wire stripper. Slide a pigtail onto each of the wires.
- Next, attach the toggle switch or outlet receptacle to the double gang box.
- Twist the pigtails around the corresponding terminals on the toggle switch or outlet receptacle.
- Secure the toggle switch or outlet receptacle with the locknuts, and then mount it to the box.
- Attach the USB adapter to the box and secure it with the mounting screws.
- Finally, connect the USB adapter to the wall outlet.
Safety Tips When Wiring a Double Socket
While the steps above sound fairly simple, there are a few important safety tips to keep in mind when wiring a double socket with USB.
- Make sure you turn off the power and use a voltage tester to confirm it is off before you start.
- Wear protective gloves and eye protection at all times.
- Keep all tools and materials away from any potential sources of electricity, such as water.
- When drilling, be sure to wear ear protection.
- Always double-check the wiring and connections before turning the power back on.
Overall, wiring a double socket with USB can be done relatively easily with the right tools and safety precautions. If you are ever unsure or uncomfortable with the wiring process, it is always best to consult the assistance of a professional electrician.
Usb Charging Solutions
Usb Double Socket 24 V Round Online WÜrth
Wall Usb Power Socket Ac 110v 250v 16a Embedded Double Eu Standard Outlet Bedroom At Affordable S Free Shipping Real Reviews With Photos Joom
Multistandard Socket Outlet With Usb Type A C Chargers Galion 13a 250v 2 Gang Switched White 824 44 Legrand
10pcs Af90 Degree Type A Female Socket Connector Double Usb Charging Interface Alexnld Com
Click Mode 2 Gang 13a Switched Socket Type A C Usb Charging Cma786
Dual Usb Socket Charger For All Vehicle At Rs 300 Makarpura Vadodara Id 22642107462
How To Upgrade 1 Gang Usb Socket Bg Electrical Accessories
What S The Deal With Installing A Usb Outlet Architectural Digest
Antique Brass Double Usb Socket 2 Gang Toolstation
Can You Replace A Cigarette Lighter With Usb
Bachmann Power Frame 3 Fold 2x Socket Double Usb 916 1193
Whole Hot New Design Double Sides Lcd Univeral Charger With 5 Sockets Usb Ports Charging Clip Wire Chargers Winningmart Com
Ds2013 Double Usb Socket Holder With 0 6 Meter Wire China Lamp Made In Com
How To Upgrade 2 Gang Usb Socket Bg Electrical Accessories
Usb Twin Socket Baas Bike Parts
Excel Life And Arteor Dual Socket Usb Charger Type A C 1 2 2a Manualzz
Trailing Plugs Learn How To Wire A Usb Socket Now